Importance of Linseed for human beings:
In Pakistan and all over the world, people are suffering with different diseases. The most common disease in all over the world is diabetes. Linseed which is also known as flax, considered as the beneficial source for human health as it contains
- a lot of micronutrients like Mn, Cu, Mg, P and selenium etc, and each have its own role in human body as Mn helps in the tightening of skin, P(phosphorous) helps in the formation of bones and teeth while Mg helps in the kidney functioning and selenium helps in the metabolic processes etc.
- Linseed is the rich source of dietary fibers.
- It provides vitamin B1 ( As vitamin B1 is necessary for the human body which is required by each cell of body to convert the carbohydrates into sugar level or glucose).
- It contain essential fatty acids like alpha linolenic acid.
- It provides lignin.
- It is the rich source of fibers (soluble and non-soluble fibers)
Soluble fibers: Soluble fibers are those which dissolve into water and helps in the lowering of cholesterol level and sugar level.
Non-soluble fibers: These are those fibers which do not dissolve into water and goes to digestive tract in the form of bulk. And helps in the digestion process.
Linseed is considered as the beneficial for human health as it helps to
- Control the blood pressure
- Control sugar level
- Skin protector
- Helps in digestion process
- Protecting against cancer
- Improve kidney function with people SLE.
- Protect against lung cancer
- Helps in weight loss
- Reduce the risk of metabolic syndrome.
Protect against cancer:
Linseed are the major source of lignin and it provides omega-3-fatty acid which helps to protect against cancer. As lignin stops the formation of new cancerous vessels while omega-3-fatty acid stops the clinging of cancerous cell to the healthy one hence it protect against cancer.
Helps in digestion process:
Flax seed helps in the digestion process as it is the basic source of dietary fibers. The non-soluble fibers are helps in the digestion process as compared to soluble fibers.
Control blood pressure:
Linseed helps in controlling the blood pressure in human body. It is mostly useful in men as compared to women.
Control sugar level:
Linseed helps in the controlling of sugar. The experts said that the use of linseeds, 2 spoon a day, up to 6 months helps in controlling the sugar level. And it is useful in diabetic. Linseed can also be consumed in the form of muffin, cookies, and bread etc.
Linseed helps to protect the skin as it contains the manganese as a micronutrient which helps in the skin tightening process.
Helps in weight loss:
The use of linseed is beneficial for fatty persons. Most of the people are used to do dieting which is not good for their physical health. Linseed helps the fatty persons to loose their weight.
It is commonly said that “the excess of everything is bad.”
As the linseed have a lot of benefits for human health but the excess use of it may causes some problems in the human body. The excess of linseed also have some demerits:
- Flatulence (the accumulation of gas in your elementary canal).
- Stomach pains
Linseed is most beneficial for the human health , but the excess use of it may causes the health problems in human body. That’s why, the linseed should be used according to the advice of physician.
written by: Khadija Tehseen Arshad