NADRA and Directorate General of Immigration and Passports have collaborated to offer Pakistani citizens a service that they badly needed, i.e. to be able renew their passports online without going to Passport offices.
Service would be aimed for both Pakistanis living in Pakistan and abroad.
Service is currently not available immediately, but it is said that service will be made available very soon now.
Anyone with an expired passport or if its validity is less than 7 months would be able to ahead and apply for passports online and get the renewed passport delivered to a designated postal address.
Apply for Passport Renewal Online
- Make sure you have all supporting documents available with you.
- You should have printer/scanner,
- as you will print some documents (for fingerprints for instance)
- and also a scanner as some documents will have to be submitted in scanned format
- Credit card/ debit card for payment of passport renewal fee
- Once you are ready, go to this URL: http://onlinemrp.dgip.gov.pk/ to start your application
Once your application is submitted, NADRA and Passport office can send your renewed passport to your home address through post.
While actual processing times will vary for each case depending on a range of factors, NADRA and Passport Department are aiming for following delivery deadlines:
- Normal: 10 working days
- Urgent: 4 working Days
Fee for Online Passport Renewal
Fee structure for online passport renewal will be as following: